Rock Steady Boxing NC Triangle
Welcome to the Rock Steady NC Triangle Moving Day® Team Page!
MANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN THE STATISTICS....
-- over 1 million Americans are living with Parkinson's Disease (PD): more than MS, ALS, and MD combined.
---That translates to be nearly 30,000 North Carolinians.
---60,000 new cases are diagnosed each year
--- a recent study has determined that the economic burden of PD on patients, care partners, payers, employers, healthcare systems and government programs to be nearly $52 BILLION annually.
Over the past 5 years, the Foundation has
• invested $1.3 million in research to understand the disease and ensure better care for PD patients.
• Enabled nearly 4000 PD patients to use the expert care available at the area's two North Carolina Centers o Excellence -- including involvement in the Parkinson's Outcomes Project, the largest cliniial study of PD.
• Provided Nearly 1400 "Aware in Care" kits have prepared people for planned and emergency hospital visits.
While our event includes a “walk” (doesn’t everybody’s?) Moving day is much more than a “walk”.
o It provides a forum for Patients, Caregivers, Family members, Medical professionals, pharmaceutical experts and Therapy providers to get together and learn of the latest developments across the PD landscape
o It provides a way to remember and honor those who lost their fight with PD
o It provides a forum for energizing us all to continue the fight.
• We have made several changes to the event this year.... the event will be conducted on paved areas of the park, making movement for all much simpler and safer.... we have new fundraising incentives with incentives at $100, $250, $500 donation levels --- we will again have food trucks with a variety of offerings--- a T-Shirt contest will provide some fun and competition --- an All New Opening Ceremony will kick things off..
We need your HELP. Your support will help us continue improving the quality of care for those living with Parkinson’s disease.
– To become a member of our team please select the ‘Join The Team’ button at the bottom of the page.
– To donate, please select the ‘’DONATE" button at the top of the page.
If you need help navigating the website or have questions about the event please feel free to contact me (email@example.com; 919-244-3739, or our Parkinson's Foundation staff person, Diana Parrish, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 336-817-4190).
Thank you for supporting us. In the words of Muhammed Ali…
Float like a Butterfly -- Sting like a bee – I’ve got Parkinson’s –-- But it ain’t got me!
(Sorry about the bad grammar Mom)