Mr. David Hammerstein
Richard S Cohen
Marilyn and Francis Krahe
Rabbi Paul Tuchman
Barton & Linda Schachter
Harvey A. Kart
Eric & Maddy
David L & Mary Lou Katz
Marian and Norman Chalphin
Barry H and Jane S Kart
The Massage Place
Dear Family & Friends,
It's hard to believe Moving Day, the 3rd annual "Moving Day" Pittsburgh Walk September 28th, benefiting the National Parkinson Foundation Western Pennsylvania Chapter is behind us.
Many of you have been so generous in helping me reach my goals and I thank you for that. I am so blessed to have your support! These goals remain part of my mission:
1) To raise awareness of the many faces of Parkinson where more and more folks in their 40s and 50s are being diagnosed AND did you know that Jews of Eastern European decent are four times more likely to get PD?,
2) To increase interest in research, clinical trials, non-traditional therapies not only for a cure, but for programs and services to help those living with PD work and play longer and have more fulfillng lives,
3) To provide education and support services for those with PD and their families with support systems who are integral parts of life for friends, colleagues and loved ones,
4) And to raise funds, to do all of the above which will support research for a cure, and for programs to help those 10,000 folks living with PD in Allegheny County.
Many thanks to our emcees
KDKA-TV and KDKA-AM Radio media sponsors Marty Griffin and Kristine Sorensen.
If you or your firm, non-profit organization, faith based organization or company has an interest in the PD community, research or someone you or they know who lives with PD as an integral part of everyday living, you can join other local and national efforts in finding breakthroughs in research and providing vauable services and information.
This effort still needs your personal support and that of your company's
in the form of a sponsor level gift--
I hope I can count on you & your company to consider a gift to help me reach these goals
Be part of my online team "Suf's Movers & Shakers" Look to the right list of teams (I'm #7 and need your help to rise to the top 3!) on www.movingdaypittsburgh.org and click on my name or my team's name and make your donation there.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTNERSHIP and SUPPORT FOR
LOOKING TO SEE YOU AT THE 4TH ANNUAL "MOVING DAY"!
Again, it's easy if you follow these steps:
1. Stay on my personal fundraising page and show your support for me and folks like me who are working to end this neuro-muscular movement disorder or
2. If a sponsorship is something your org or company can do as an in-kind or smaller- than- you -think financial commitment, drop me an email (email@example.com) or message at the Foundation office so I or Barbara can personally show you how to help.
I look forward to seeing you, at the September 28th "Moving Day" while we "Change the World". But if you can't make it, not to worry, your gift is working for you and spreading its good work to tens of thousands in and around Pittsburgh and millions around the world. --Shelly
p.s. Thank you for helping me support the vital work of the National Parkinson Foundation. Remember, "PEOPLE WHO MOVE, CHANGE THE WORLD" and YOU can be one of them!
Why Get Involved?
The National Parkinson Foundation (NPF) continues to bring help and hope to the estimated one million people in the United States, four to six million worldwide, who are living with Parkinson’s disease. NPF is the only organization with a singular focus on improving the quality of care in Parkinson’s disease. NPF programs reach more than one million people a year through its network of 39 chapters, 43 Centers of Excellence and 900 support groups. Since 1982, NPF has funded more than $172 million in care, research and support services.