Allied Team Training for Parkinson's (ATTP™)
Miami Course May 17-20, 2017
The Allied Health Team Training for Parkinson’s Disease is a 3.5 day (Wed.-Sat.) on site course designed by the National Parkinson Foundation to increase knowledge about Parkinson’s disease and build capacity for comprehensive inter professional care in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Prior to the course each registrant will complete three online preparatory modules, which include an overview of Parkinson’s disease, interdisciplinary care teams, and neuropsychiatric symptoms and management.
At the conclusion of this activity, you should be able to accomplish the following:
- Design, review and modify a patient/family specific treatment plan
- Participate effectively as an interdisciplinary or interprofessional team member
- Identify challenges associated with Parkinson’s disease and side effects of the medication
- Support a person with Parkinson’s disease and their care partners in self-management
- List key characteristics of early, middle and late stage Parkinson’s disease
- Describe the unique and complementary role of each discipline in your care team
- Identify strategies for building inter professional networks and community partnerships
Learning objectives apply to all professions in the target audience.
course is intended for neurologists, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, physical
therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, music therapists, and social workers, the majority of whom already have some experience with the management of Parkinson’s disease and are
interested in further education and collaboration. An interdisciplinary faculty of senior movement disorder specialists will
teach the course.
Accreditation Statement for listed disciplines (opens in a new window)
Travel Recommendations (air and hotel)
Arrival airport - Miami International (MIA)
The training site is next to the Miami airport and provides a free airport shuttle.
If you use the Ft. Lauderdale airport (FLL), cab fare will be $50 or more each way.
Plan to arrive on the evening of May 16th. The training begins at 8:00 am the next morning.
Plan to depart on May 20th AFTER 3:00 pm. This will allow time to get to the airport after the training end time. The sessions on the last day are vital in learning how to collectively plan on bringing all of the program learning back to your specific workplace. Early departure will also affect continuing education hours and certification of completion from NPF.
A hotel link to a preferred room block rate of $129.00 per night (plus tax) will be provided in your letter of attendance approval. This rate is for a limited time only, so we recommend for you to make your hotel reservations as soon as your approval letter is received.
Practitioners $500.00 USD (per person)
Teams of 3 or more $450.00 USD (per person)
Students of listed disciplines (full time) are no charge
MD Fellows are no charge
Registration rates include all sessions, course materials, lunch
An ATTP application form is available to download and print for mailing: ATTP Miami Paper Application
Please email Denise Beran with any questions you may have prior to registration at the email below.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- When is payment due for this course? (Payment is not due until 30 day after your application has been officially accepted via emailed acceptance letter.)
- Does my team have to register at the same time in order to receive the team rate? (NO! Each person must register individually whether you're with a team or not. There is a "yes/no"question on the application to ask if you're attending with a team or not.)
- How do I pay for my team? (Each applicant will receive a 4 digit code in their acceptance letter. You may pay for a team for up to 5 attendees on one credit card, or you may download the pdf page to be provided with the check payment. If paying for more than 5, please pay and exit the final payment page. Then use the payment link again for additional team members.)
- What if I answered that I'm attending as an individual and then our facility sends a total of 3 to qualify for the team rate? (Payment is not due for 30 days, however even if this happens, NPF will refund the difference to any individual who paid the full price.)
- What if we pay the team rate for 3 and then 1 of our team must cancel? (You or your facility will have to pay the rate differnence.)
- What if I need to cancel after I've already paid? (NPF will refund your registration fee in full if the cancelation is made within 2 weeks of the scheduled course.)
- What if I have more questions? (Please contact Denise Beran at email@example.com or call 305-537-9938.)
This activity has received an educational grant from GE Healthcare.
This activity has received an educational grant from UCB.
National Parkinson Foundation