Save the Date: Allied Team Training for Parkinson's (ATTP™)
Registration is not available for ATTP™ at this time but will be posted on this page once registration is open.
If you would like an announcement and details of our next training to be emailed to you once available, please send an email with your request with "ATTP Announcement" in the subject line and we'll send you an email when registration is open.
(If you've already received email notification about the date of the program, you'll automatically be notified of the registration open.)
The Allied Health Team Training for Parkinson’s Disease is a three-day course designed by the National Parkinson Foundation and presented by the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society Pan American Section (MDS-PAS) to increase knowledge about Parkinson’s disease and build capacity for comprehensive inter professional care in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Prior to the course each registrant will complete three online preparatory modules, which include an overview of Parkinson’s disease, interdisciplinary care teams, and neuropsychiatric symptoms and management.
At the conclusion of this activity, you should be able to accomplish the following:
- Design, review and modify a patient/family specific treatment plan
- Participate effectively as an interdisciplinary or interprofessional team member
- Identify challenges associated with Parkinson’s disease and side effects of the medication
- Support a person with Parkinson’s disease and their care partners in self-management
- List key characteristics of early, middle and late stage Parkinson’s disease
- Describe the unique and complementary role of each discipline in your care team
- Identify strategies for building inter professional networks and community partnerships
The course is intended for neurologists, physician’s assistants, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, social workers and psychologists, the majority of whom already have some experience with the management of Parkinson’s disease and are interested in further education and collaboration. An interdisciplinary faculty of senior movement disorder specialists will teach the course.
Plan to arrive on the evening of May 11th to begin 3 full days packed with interactive learning. Program will end at 5:00 pm on the 14th. Please plan flight departures at least 2 hours after the program end time. A hotel link to a preferred room block will be provided on the ATTP registration page.
MDS Members $450.00 USD
Non-Members $500.00 USD
Teams of 3+ (per person) $400.00 USD
Registration rates include all sessions, course materials, lunch and breaks.
Please email Denise Beran with any questions you may have prior to registration at the email below.
National Parkinson Foundation