Allied Team Training for Parkinson's (ATTP™)
Chicago Course November 8-10, 2017
The Allied Health Team Training for Parkinson’s Disease (ATTP) is a 3 day (Wed.-Fri.) on site course designed by the Parkinson's Foundation and the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) to increase knowledge about Parkinson’s disease and build capacity for comprehensive inter professional care in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Prior to the course each registrant will complete three online preparatory modules, which include an overview of Parkinson’s disease, interdisciplinary care teams, and neuropsychiatric symptoms and management.
At the conclusion of this activity, you should be able to accomplish the following:
- Design, review and modify a patient/family specific treatment plan
- Participate effectively as an interdisciplinary or interprofessional team member
- Identify challenges associated with Parkinson’s disease and side effects of the medication
- Support a person with Parkinson’s disease and their care partners in self-management
- List key characteristics of early, middle and late stage Parkinson’s disease
- Describe the unique and complementary role of each discipline in your care team
- Identify strategies for building inter professional networks and community partnerships
Learning objectives apply to all professions in the target audience.
course is intended for neurologists, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, physical
therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and social workers who
are interested in education about management of medications and care challenges
in Parkinson’s disease. State of the art care can make the difference between
satisfaction and despair for patients, caregivers and the staff providing the
care. The faculty consists of an interdisciplinary faculty of PF and MDS senior movement disorder specialists
Accreditation Statement for listed disciplines (opens in a new window)
Travel Recommendations (air and hotel)
Arrival airport - Chicago has 2 airports you may use: Midway (MDW) and Chicago O'Hare Int'l (ORD).
The training site will be at the Searl Conference Center at Rush University.
Plan to arrive on the evening of Nov. 7th. The training begins at 8:00 am on Wednesday, Nov. 8th.
Plan to depart on Nov. 10th AFTER 6:00 pm. This will allow time to get to the airport after the training end time. The sessions on the last day are vital in learning how to collectively plan on bringing all of the program learning back to your specific workplace. Early departure will also affect continuing education hours and certification of completion from the Parkinson's Foundation.
Please do not make air travel plans until you've recieved an acceptance or denial letter via email. Letters are emailed within 5 business days. If you have not received acceptance/denial confirmation within 5 days, please first check your spam/junk folder and then email Denise Beran as your facility I.T. system software may have blocked the communication.
Hotel: The training site at Rush University is accessible on the "L Train PINK Line (the blue line station is under construction)". Due to this training will not be held in a hotel and there are so many hotels within the vacinity with L Train access, a hotel room block was not made for this ATTP training. Please choose a hotel with as little distance to Rush University as possible to alleviate daily travel time to and from the training site.
Registration rates include all sessions, course materials, lunch and breaks.
MDS Members: $450 USD (per person)
MDS Non Members: $500 USD (per person
Teams of 3 or more: $400.00 USD (per person)
Registration for ATTP Chicago includes one year of free MDS
Associate membership for eligible non-members (those who are not already
members of the MDS – this is a $100 value).
Travel grant application for MDS-Pan American Section (bursary form for qualifying attendees from outside the U.S.)
An ATTP paper application form is available to download and print for faxing or mailing if you are unable to complete the electronic registration online: ATTP Chicago Paper Application
Please email Denise Beran or call 305-537-9928 with any questions you may have prior to registration.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- When is payment due for this course? There is no payment due at the time of your application. After
you've received a letter of acceptance to attend, you must confirm your
attendance with payment on the MDS confirmation/payment web page, a link which will be provided in your emailed acceptance letter. Payment may be made online via credit card.
Note: If a check payment will be mailed by you or your facility, please use the link provided in your emailed acceptance letter to download the paper payment form to provide with your check. This form may also be used if your facility is providing a single team payment whether via check or a single credit card payment. (See "How do I pay for my team" below.)
If extra time is needed due to your facility payment system, please email Kate Rudolph or call 414-276-2145 to make payment arrangements with your facility's accounting department. Payment must be completed prior to attendance unless other payment arrangements have been confirmed.
- Does my team have to register at the same time in order to receive the team rate? NO! Each person must register individually whether you're with a team or not. There is a "yes/no"question on the application to ask if you're attending with a team or not.
- How do I pay for my team? Each applicant will receive a 4 digit code in their acceptance letter. Please download the payment paper form using the page link which will be provided your acceptance letter. You may register your team names, their 4 digit codes and payment on the form to submit with your facility check or credit card payment.
- What if I answered that I'm attending as an individual and then our facility sends a total of 3 to qualify for the team rate? MDS will refund the difference to any individual who paid the full price when other team members confirm their registration. Please email Kate Rudolph or call 414-276-2145.
- What if we pay the team rate for 3 and then 1 of our team must cancel? The rate differnence must be adjusted accordingly.
- What if I need to cancel after I've already paid? Cancelation for a paid registration will be refunded in full until Nov 1, 2017. Please allow up to 30 days to process the cancelation. Cancelations after Nov 1st will not be refunded and will be considered as a donation of support for the International Parkinson's Movement Disorder Society. A donation tax receipt will be provided.
- What if I have more questions? Please email Denise Beran or call 305-537-9938.
This activity has received institutional financial support from Edmond J. Safra Foundation.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from AbbVie, Acadia Pharmaceuticals, Lundbeck and Medtronic.